Friday 31 May 2013

More hoodies

For our summer vacation in Belgium we urgently need to expand our amount of long sleeve clothes. We already showcased the hoody for Felix.
Meanwhile also the girls got their version of the hoody from Stof-voor-Doe-het-Zelvers.


We added a zipper by cutting the front panel in two parts and made some small changes to the pattern, this to adjust the hood a little.



To avoid unhappy kids who never want to wear their hoody –like Felix- the girls choose the fabric their selves.
It was my job to find a reversible zipper in a flashy color. I know I can’t find them on the local market so searched the internet. Nevertheless we didn’t find what we wanted online either, until we found this web shop. Custom made zippers! I sometimes get seduced to do inordinate sewing related purchases; nevertheless I stayed in my right mind this time, 10,75 US$ for a single zipper exclusive of shipment costs is over the edge even for me!
So our completely reversible jackets are finished with normal open end nylon coil zippers.



The girls are ready for a Belgian summer and are looking forward to cooler weather.




Outside fabric Louka: Bought @ De Stoffenkamer
Outside fabric Jade: Blue violet fabric from Znok, bought @ Vermiljoenshop

Lining: Bought in Ajman @ Bengali Market

No comments:

Post a Comment